< previous table of contents next >
6. SCOPE OF PROPOSED WORK
Treat Avenue Bicycle Boulevard
- Street resurfacing of Treat Ave Between Harrison and Bryant
- Remove railroad tracks and approx. 7000 sq. feet of asphalt between 15th & 16th Sts.
- Installation of approximately 20 bollards, 2 automatically retractable
- Construction of approx. 250 sq. ft island at Harrison entrance with landscaping
- Modify Animal Care and Control Outdoor Yard by rounding southeast corner and extending their area northward.
- Add approximately 7500 sq. ft of landscaping and 400 feet of sidewalk along east side of Treat, between Alabama and Florida (along the SPCA parking lot)
- Mural paintings on Byer buildings at Bryant and Treat (with owner permission)
- Stripe high visibility ladder style crosswalk across Treat at Bryant
Entrance Alternative #1 landscaping intensive- long term (Exhibit 9, page 17)
- Install 7000 sq. feet of landscaping on Treat between 15th and 16th Streets
Entrance Alternative #2 with parking- short term (Exhibit 10, page 18)
- Provide asphalt paving and 10 new parking spaces with curbs and tree plantings
- Minimal landscaping near bikeway entrance at Harrison
- Add stop sign at parking lot exit
Division Street Bikeway
- Relocate MUNI stop on Bryant between Division and Treat to south of Treat
- Bulb out sidewalk along the east & west sides of Bryant between Division and Treat
- Install new right turn arrow signal facing eastbound traffic in right turn pocket on Division at Bryant
- Paint 4 "zebra style" high visibility crosswalks at Division and Bryant
- Remove approximately 7500 sq. feet of asphalt and install landscaping along southeast corner of Division and Bryant
- If moving truck entrance on Division to Bryant is not acceptable to Hostess/ Byer, install two warning lights linked to automatic gate along Division
- Install approx. 2800 sq. feet of "bulb-out" at Potrero intersection, including pedestrian islands (Exhibit 14, page 28)
- Stripe new right turn only lane on EB Division @ Potrero
- Install new right turn arrow signal head on EB Division @ Potrero
- Install 4 new bike/ ped signal heads @ Potrero Intersection
- Stripe new zebra-style crosswalks across Potrero
- Construct approx. 80 feet of curb across San Bruno
- Install 2 removable bollards @ Division and San Bruno
- Install 1200 lineal feet of 12' wide bikeway with 2 ft. shoulders; Bryant to San Bruno
- Construct pocket park at north side of 9th and Division (approx. 2500 sq. ft.)
Bryant St. Crossing Alternative #1- new crossing at Treat (Exhibit 11, page 22)
- Install new signal posts and signal heads on the northwest and southeast corner of the Bryant and Treat intersection, phased with signals at Bryant and Division.
- Stripe a wide area "zebra style" across the entire intersection
- Install a wide curb-cut on the east side of Bryant south of the intersection
Bryant St. Crossing Alternative #2 -existing ped crossing of Bryant at Potrero
- Install new bicycle/ pedestrian signals on the southeast and southwest corner of Bryant and Division.
- Install a curb-cut on the east side of Bryant near the corner
8th and Townsend Circle
- Install approx. 15,000 sq. feet of landscaping between San Bruno and Vermont
- Construct bulbout of 300 sq. feet at southeast corner of Vermont at Division
- Stripe high visibility crosswalk across Vermont
- Restripe lane markings on block between circle and Vermont, add wide and colored bike lanes
- Add 5000 sq. feet of landscaping at southwest corner of Vermont and Division
- Stripe high visibility crosswalks all around circle
Division East of Circle Alternative #1- Class I bikeway (Exhibit 15, page 32)
- Construct bulbout and "bike sidewalk" east of circle, totaling approx. 4000 sq. feet, along 675 Townsend.
- Install 20 bollards between sidewalk and bikeway, one automatically retractable bollard at King St.
Division East of Circle Alternative #2- Class II bike lanes (Exhibit 16, page 32)
- Stripe bike lanes on Division between circle and De Haro
- Add 4 stop signs at De Haro and Division
Crossing to Mission Bay
Crossing to Mission Bay Alternative #1 (Exhibit 18, page 35)
- Construct bike/ pedestrian bridge meeting ADA standards (approx. 800-1000 ft. long curving 90 degrees) across 7th St. and Caltrain Tracks
Crossing to Mission Bay Alternative #2 (Exhibit 18, page 35)
- Acquire 16 foot strip of land on southwest side of 7th St. from Berry to Commons
- Construct approx. 450 feet of bikeway along southeast side of 7th St.
- Construct bulbout at crosswalk over 7th St. at Commons
General Improvements (site not yet determined)
- 25 new signage installations with traffic safety and/ or directional messages.
- Lighting improvements: 20 new street lights, 50 lighted bollards
- 6 Educational Kiosks
- 10 Public Art installations under a coordinated plan with environmental messages.
- 3 Water Features — fountains or ponds — and associated plumbing
< previous table of contents next >